You are interested in pursuing an education in Canada. We are glad to inform you that University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarships is currently ongoing an application for African Students Studying in English. In this article, we will explain more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
The University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarships is offered to international students who are citizens of African countries, who are admitted in the Fall 2022 term or later with an admission average of 80% or higher, who are studying in English, and who enroll in one of the stated undergraduate programs in the faculties of Engineering, Science, or Social Sciences.
The University of Ottawa is a bilingual public research university in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The university’s main campus is based on 42.5 hectares (105 acres) in the heart of Ottawa’s Downtown Core, adjacent to the residential neighborhood of Sandy Hill, adjacent to Ottawa’s Rideau Canal.
In 1848, the university was first formed as the College of Bytown by the first bishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Ottawa, Joseph-Bruno Guigues. The University of Ottawa was renamed the College of Ottawa in 1861 and received university status five years later through a royal charter after being placed under the direction of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate.
On 5 February 1889, the University of Ottawa was granted a pontifical charter by Pope Leo XIII, promoting the institution to a pontifical university. The university was also reorganized on July 1, 1965, as a corporation, independent from any outside body or religious organization.
The University of Ottawa has rated in a number of university rankings. In the 2021 Academic Ranking of World Universities rankings, the university rated 151–200 in the world and 9–12 in Canada. The 2022 QS World University Rankings rated the university 230th, and ninth in Canada.
The 2022 Times Higher Education World University Rankings rated the university 162nd in the world, and seventh in Canada. In the 2022 U.S. News & World Report Best Global University Ranking, the University of Ottawa rated 199th in the world, and eighth in Canada, tied with the University of Waterloo.
In terms of national rankings, Maclean’s rated the University of Ottawa seventh in their 2022 Medical Doctoral university rankings. The university was rated in spite of having opted out of participating in Maclean’s graduate survey since 2006 along with some other universities in Canada.
The University of Ottawa has also ranked in a number of rankings that assessed the employment prospects of its graduates. In QS’s 2019 graduate employability ranking, the university was rated 301–500 in the world, or 9–17 in Canada.
The university also has an average graduate employment rate of 97 per cent, providing an important educational, research, and economic benefit to the National Capital Region. The University of Ottawa offers a broad variety of academic programs, conducted by ten faculties which include the University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine, the University of Ottawa Faculty of Law, the Telfer School of Management, and the University of Ottawa Faculty of Social Sciences.
The University of Ottawa is co-educational and enrolls more than 35,000 undergraduate and more than 6,000 post-graduate students. The university has almost 7,000 international students from 150 countries, accounting for 17 per cent of the student population.
Worth of University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarships
- The University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarships will provide incoming students with a four-year scholarship to cover the partial cost of their university tuition.
- The important financial contribution to each candidate education reduces their tuition fees by $17,500 to $25,000 for the excellence scholarships and by $12,000 to $20,000 for the entrance scholarships, depending on the program annually. Note that all students who are qualified for this scholarship will automatically receive it upon enrolment and it will be directly applied to their tuition fees.
Eligibility for University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarships
- To be qualified for the scholarship, you must have citizenship from one of the countries in Africa.
- You must be an international student with a valid study permit to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Each candidate must be newly admitted into Engineering: Civil Engineering; Chemical Engineering, Social sciences: Sociology; Anthropology; International Development and Globalization; Conflict Studies; Public Administration and All programs in sciences except the Honors BSc in Biochemistry / BASc in Chemical Engineering; Honors BSc in Physics/BASc in Electrical Engineering; and Honors BSc in Ophthalmic Medical Technology.
How to Apply for University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarships
If you are interested in University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarships and you are eligible for the scholarship, visit the university’s official website.
Application Deadline for University of Ottawa Entrance Scholarships
The application deadline for the scholarship is March 31, 2022.
Official Website: Click here