Since 2000, Junior Achievement Nigeria has held an annual Venture in Management Program (ViMP). ViMP is a one-week rigorous “mini-MBA” program meant to teach selected members of the National Youth Service Corps to the various aspects of business management, making critical business decisions, and improving General Management abilities. The purpose of ViMP is to train NYSC members for careers as managers and entrepreneurs in the business sector. This program is meant to familiarize potential business leaders with the responsibilities, possibilities, and expectations of a management profession.
The week-long program consists of rigorous and stimulating classroom meetings (led by facilitators from the Lagos Business School), case studies, panel discussions, study groups, guest speakers, and recreation, culminating in a strategy workshop in which participants present solutions to various business problems.
With case studies concentrating on Business Ethics, Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Social Enterprise, General Management, Leadership, and Entrepreneurship, the learning environment reflects that of the world’s finest business schools. Participants also participate in a community service project and teach JAN programs to elementary school students in the area.
Junior Achievement Nigeria (JAN) Venture in Management Program (ViMP) Eligibility
- Applicant must be a serving Youth Corps Member, or recently finished;
- Must be 27 years or younger;
- Must have excellent academic records (Minimum 2:1);
- Possess proven interest in general management;
- Have a track record of leadership;
- Participation in previous JAN program will be an added advantage.
How to Apply for Junior Achievement Nigeria (JAN) Venture in Management Program (ViMP)
The following are required:
- Completed application form online
- A Curriculum Vitae (Must be saved with your full name)
- Proof of service (NYSC ID Card OR Call-Up Letter)
Application deadline: 19 June 2021.
All supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com.