Are you looking for the best private university to finish your degree without fear of a strike or losing your credibility? Mallam Adamu, the Minister of Education, presented provisional licenses to the 20 newly approved private universities by the National Universities Commission on Thursday, April 8. (NUC).
Below are list of new private Universities that has be granted license to operate as an educational institutions in Nigeria.
1. Topfaith University, Mkpatak, Akwa Ibom state.
2. Thomas Adewumi University, Oko-Irese, Kwara state.
3. Maranathan University, Mgbidi, Imo state.
4. Ave Maria University, Piyanko, Nasarawa state.
5. Al-Istiqama University, Sumaila, Kano state.
6. Mudiame University, Irrua, Edo state.
7. Havilla University, Nde-Ikom, Cross River state.
8. Claretian University of Nigeria, Nekede, Imo state
9. NOK University, Kachia, Kaduna state.
10. Karl-Kumm University, Vom, Plateau state.
11. James Hope University, Lagos, Lagos state.
12. Maryam Abacha American University of Nigeria, Kano, Kano State.
13. Capital City University, Kano, Kano state.
14. Ahman Pategi University, Pategi, Kwara state.
15. University of Offa, Offa, Kwara state.
16. Mewar University, Masaka, Nasarawa state.
17. Edusoko University, Bida, Niger state.
18. Philomath University, Kuje, Abuja.
19. Khadija University, Majia, Jigawa state.
20. Anan University, Kwall, Plateau state.
These are the 20 new private universities that have been given provisional operating licenses in Nigeria.
Because the federal government has designated these universities as legal institutes, you can apply for admission if you want to pursue your degree with ease.
According to information available on the NUC’s website, Nigeria now has 192 universities, including 99 private universities, 44 federal universities, and 49 state universities.
However, Mallam Adamu, who was represented at the presentation by the minister of state for education, Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba, stated that the current number of universities in Nigeria is insufficient given the country’s growing population of over 200 million people.
More universities must be established in order to increase and meet the critical demand for a better educational system.