Maastricht University (UM) is the most international, research-based and independent university in the Netherlands. UM provides educational opportunities in a variety of subjects, such as Arts and Culture, Behavioral and Political Sciences, Business and Economics, Health and Life Sciences, Law and Knowledge Engineering. The University emphasizes the importance of building research capacity, autonomy, and an international perspective in educational approaches.
Maastricht University is distinguished by its:
- Broad international focus, combined with solid grounding in the local area;
- Architectural innovation education program: Learning through Problems;
- Innovative educational approach: Problem Based Learning;
- An integrated and multi-disciplinary academic and research environment;
- A strong international orientation with strong roots in the region.
- Host University: Maastricht University;
- Host Country: Netherlands;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Study Level: Masters Level;
- Scholarship Worth: Check the details below;
- Subjects available: Arts, Science and Public Policy;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: The deadline will be announced in the official website (below).
The Civil Society Leadership International Awards is available for International Masters Students in the fields of Arts, Science and Public Policy, to pursue their studies at the Maastricht University, Netherlands.
Maastricht University supports students in developing the professional career they want. The university’s career services department supports faculty and student groups in the creation of career-related businesses.
The Maastricht University will provide the grand detailed as follow:
- Pre-Academic Preparation through Summer Schools;
- Mandatory academic costs and tuition;
- Medical expenses; Monthly allowance for room, board and other living costs;
- Program-related Trips;
- Insurance for accidents and illness while in the program;
- Educational Equipment and Professional Development Funds;
- Participation in a regional program conference;
- Facilities throughout the application procedure and the term of the fellowship for candidates who are physically disabled.
- Evidence of maturity, independence and leadership skills in civil life;
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree as of May 2020 with an outstanding academic performance ;
- Have work experience linked to the chosen field of study;
- Demonstrate competence in the language of education, English, French, and Spanish and proficiency in the use of the Internet;
- English language proficiency certificate;
- Be prepared to engage in an informal intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2021 and begin their degree program in September 2021;
- Being capable of obtaining and holding a visa or study permission as needed by the Netherlands;
- Have a clear statement of engagement with their home country or area by promoting the advancement of an open society.
Applicants can submit an application for the scholarship through an online application portal.
Required support documents: Applicants are required to provide a copy of the requested documents along with the application, an identification card, a passport photo in JPG format, a curriculum vitae and academic transcripts.
Admission Conditions: Recipients who have a unique degree offer letter with academic qualifications and are required to complete the university’s admission eligibility procedures are considered to be academically qualified for the award.
Language Conditions: If the student’s first language is not English, they will have to demonstrate that their English ability is advanced sufficiently to be successful in their studies.