Steve Harvey is an entertainer, featuring in all aspect in the entertainment industry, whose shows and TV presentations not only capture the minds and hearts of many, but his amazing comedies crack you up madly.
Who would have guessed that a former autoworker, insurance salesman, carpet cleaner, and even mailman could amass a net worth of more than $200 million? Keep reading to know everything about Steve Harvey, including his quotes!
Steve Harvey Biography
Who is Steve Harvey? Steve Harvey is a wizard, an expert, and a jack of all trades in the entertainment industry from the United States who has worked as a comedian, a television host, a producer, and a radio personality, to name a few.
Harvey began his career as a stand-up comedian before transitioning towards acting. Surprisingly, his television and film debuts happened virtually at the same time.
His main show, “The Steve Harvey Show,” which aired from 1996 to 2002, was what made him famous. As a result of the show, he became a household name and a huge celebrity.
Following this, “The Steve Harvey Morning Show,” “The Steve Harvey Talk Show,” “Family Feud,” “Little Big Shots” and its spin-off “Little Big Shots: Forever Young,” as well as “Steve Harvey’s Funderdome,” followed.
Harvey has won five Daytime Emmy Awards and 14 NAACP Image Awards in various categories over the years.
Steve Harvey Age, Height and Early Life
How old is Steve Harvey? Steve Harvey is 65 years old, born on January 17, 1957, as Broderick Stephen Harvey in Welch, West Virginia, to Jesse Harvey and Eloise Vera. Jesse, his father, worked as a coal miner.
When Steve was young, the Harvey’s relocated to Cleveland, Ohio. Glenville High School was where he finished his primary education. He attended Kent State University and West Virginia University after graduating in 1974, where he was a member of the Omega Psi Phi fraternity.
How tall is Steve Harvey? Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
2022 Steve Harvey Net Worth and Salary
Steve Harvey’s net worth has a net worth of $200 million. Steve Harvey is a well-known stand-up comedian who also writes, produces, and acts in films. His roles are varied, reflecting his wide range of interests and life experiences.
Between June 2017 and June 2018, Steve Harvey earned $45 million from his various endeavors. He earned the same amount between June 2018 and June 2019.
- Makes $40-50 million per year
- Makes $20 million per year from his radio gig
- Makes $10 million per year hosting “Family Feud”
- In May 2020 Steve paid $15m for Tyler Perry’s former Atlanta mansion
- Steve Harvey worked as an autoworker, insurance salesman, carpet cleaner, and even a mailman before launching his comic career. On October 8, 1985, he made his debut as a comedian at Cleveland’s Hilarities Comedy Club.
- Harvey competed in the Second Annual Johnnie Walker National Comedy Search in 1990. His appearance on the talent program got him the opportunity to host the music TV show ‘It’s Showtime at the Apollo.’ In 1994, he landed a leading role in the ABC program ‘Me and the Boys.’
- He made a significant breakthrough in his career in 1996 when he began hosting his flagship show, ‘The Steve Harvey Show,’ which lasted until 2002. The show was notably well-liked among African-Americans.
- Harvey continued to perform stand-up comedy alongside his television career. He collaborated on several pieces with other stand-up comedians, which were ultimately combined into a DVD film named ‘The Original Kings of Comedy.’
- Harvey created the show ‘Steve Harvey’s Big Time Challenge’ in 2003. He was cast as both a comedian and a host on the variety show. Until 2005, the show aired on the WB Network. During this time, he even wrote a book called ‘Steve Harvey’s Big Time.’
- Harvey tried his hand at the big screen in 2003 after establishing a name for himself on television and the stage. That year, he appeared in two films: ‘The Fighting Temptations’ and ‘Racing Stripes’ (as a supporting actor).
- By mid-2005, Harvey had made a name for himself in the entertainment industry as an actor, performer, book, and TV host. He wrote the highly praised bestseller ‘Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man,’ which was quickly followed by the film ‘Think Like a Man.’
- He hosted a career-focused show for teens called ‘the Disney Dreamers Academy’ in 2008. Harvey went on to host the television show ‘Family Feud’ two years later. The show, which had been receiving poor ratings, went on to become the second most watched daytime syndicated show. In addition, in 2010, Harvey hosted Celebrity Family Feud.
- Harvey’s 27-year career as a stand-up comedian came to an end in August 2012, when he made his final performance at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
- Harvey started his self-titled chat show, ‘Steve Harvey,’ a month after his final stand-up set. It lasted until 2016, when a new syndicated chat show called ‘Steve’ debuted in November 2016. Harvey had more creative flexibility on the latter show.
- Aside from television and movies, Harvey has also played an important role in radio. He hosts ‘The Steve Harvey Morning Show,’ a daily morning radio show that debuted in 2005 and is still on the air today.
- Harvey has been the Miss Universe pageant’s host since 2015. He hosted the final events in Las Vegas, Philippines, and most recently, Las Vegas. In 2015, Harvey mistakenly declared Miss Colombia, Ariadna Gutiérrez, as the Miss Universe winner instead of Miss Philippines, Pia Wurtzbach. A few moments after Gutiérrez was incorrectly crowned, the error was corrected.
Awards & Achievements
- Steve Harvey has won the prestigious Daytime Emmy Award in five different categories, and awarded the NAACP Image Award14 times.
- He earned the BET Humanitarian Award in 2011.
- In 2013, he received the 39th People’s Choice Award for ‘Favorite New Talk Show Host.’ The same year, he was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. He was also inaugurate into the NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame in 2014.
- East 112th Cleveland Avenue, where Harvey grew up, was renamed Steve Harvey Way in 2015. Harvey was awarded an Honorary Doctorate Degree from Alabama State University a year later.
Family: Steve Harvey Wife, Daughters, etc
Steve Harvey has had three marriages.
Marcia Harvey, with whom he has twin daughters and a son, was his first wife. After that, he married Mary Shackelford, with whom he had a second son.
Harvey married Marjorie Bridges in 2007, two years after his divorce from Shackelford. Bridges is the mother of three children from her first marriage. They have seven children and four grandchildren together.
Steve Harvey professes to be a devout Christian.
Steve Harvey Quotes
Here are a few of Steve Harvey quotes.
Failure is a great teacher, and I think when you make mistakes and you recover from them and you treat them as valuable learning experiences, then you’ve got something to share.Steve Harvey Quote
You can be happy, or you can be right. If you want to be part of a couple and win every argument, you’re in trouble.Steve Harvey Quote
Hollywood is run by people who sit up in their executive office, who are not connected to Mississippi, Alabama, Chicago, South Carolina. They know nothing about that, they don’t go to church, and they make their decisions about what they think is right.Steve Harvey Quote
I’m not really a relationship expert but …I’m an expert on manhood and what men think.Steve Harvey Quote
In the 1990s, Steve Harvey became a household name and a role model for many African Americans.
His TV sitcom resurrected the WB, and millions tuned in each week. Harvey did not slow down and took on multiple roles at the same time, demonstrating his drive and determination.