The Full Sail University STEM Scholarship is intended to inspire and develop future worldwide professionals interested in careers in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Level/Field of Study
The scholarship is designed for associate, undergraduate and master’s degree studies at Full Sail University in any of the following courses; Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Game Design, Game Development, Information Technology, or Simulation & Visualization.
The Full Sail University STEM Scholarship is brought to you by Full Sail University. Full Sail University is a well-known university in Florida, United States of America.
Criteria for Full Sail University STEM Scholarship
Those seeking a Full Sail University STEM Scholarship must meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
- As specified by Full Sail University, you must be a non-US citizen or non-permanent resident.
- Prior to the first day of class, complete and submit the STEM Scholarship application, as well as an original 250-word essay titled ” “How My Full Sail Education Will Prepare Me for a STEM Career,”
- Applicants must have had a formal interview with a representative from Admissions.
- Applicants must have applied to at least one of the STEM campus degree programs listed below: Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Game Design, Game Development, Information Technology, or Simulation & Visualization.
- Applicants must have met the admissions standards for the Full Sail University campus degree program of interest.
- Students who postpone their start date may lose their eligibility.
- A change in the degree program, suspension in training, or withdrawal may result in the cancellation and distribution of a scholarship award. The student is aware that a change in student status may have an impact on eligibility.
- Most other Full Sail University scholarship programs can be combined with the STEM Scholarship.
- The STEM Scholarship funds can only be used for tuition at a Full Sail University campus degree program.
- The scholarship is not transferrable and has no monetary value.
Required Supporting Documents to Apply for Full Sail University STEM Scholarship
- A scholarship committee will examine applicants’ essays based on the following criteria: originality, writing, clarity, and relevance to the topic.
- Outstanding essays will be recognized.
- If the aforementioned eligibility requirements are met, recipients will be contacted by the Admissions department prior to beginning their degree program.
- The scholarship money will be distributed over the course of the student’s academic years, divided equally between semesters as applicable.
Application Process for the Full Sail University STEM Scholarship
Before the preferred start date, the STEM Scholarship application and essay must be submitted to the Full Sail Scholarship Committee. Please contact your Admissions Representative at 800.226.7625 to apply for this award.
The STEM Scholarship program will give up to $5,000 to qualifying candidates for school degree programs. This scholarship fund is restricted and will be awarded to all candidates who meet the qualifying standards as indicated below in the award determination procedure.
About Full Sail University
Full Sail University was established by Jon Phelps in Dayton, Ohio, in 1979. Its curriculum focused on recording skills and included audio engineering classes. In 1980, it relocated to Orlando, Florida, and expanded its core recording arts program with new courses. Full Sail University moved to its current home in Winter Park, Florida, in 1989, and was approved to provide specialized associate degrees the following year.
Enrollment more than doubled between 1989 and 1991, coinciding with a surge in interest in film and media studies. In 1992, the university ran into financial difficulties, and its expansion stagnated. It started offering associate degrees in computer animation, digital media, game design and development, and show production and touring between 1995 and 1999, and these were later expanded into full bachelor’s degrees.
Students will earn a full scholarship for select campus or online Bachelor of Science degree programs through this program. The Emerging Technology Scholarship program will provide qualifying individuals pursuing certain Complete Sail University degree programs with a full scholarship that includes tuition and a laptop.
Full Sail admissions are not selective, with a 100% acceptance rate.
A Full Sail Associate or Bachelor of Science degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0. Graduate School applicants must have one of the following qualifications: » A Full Sail Bachelor of Science degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5.
- 11 NAACP Scholarship Programs for You
- Top WGU Scholarships for Students
- The University of Georgia Athens UGA Scholarships for Graduate Students