In Fairfield, Connecticut, there is a medium-sized private university called Sacred Heart University, there are 9,156 undergraduate students enrolled in total, and 66% of applicants are accepted, which is the Sacred Heart University acceptance rate
The university has a student-to-faculty ratio of 13:1, 37 bachelor’s degree options, and an average graduation rate of 73%. For students, tuition and fees total $43,070.
This article touches on the different areas to assist you in being ready for the difficulties that lie ahead on the road to Sacred Heart University’s acceptance rate.
See also: Virginia Tech Engineering Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
What to know about Sacred Heart University in 2023?
Sacred Heart University is a young Catholic university that was established in 1963. The 69-acre campus is situated 90 minutes from Manhattan in Fairfield, Connecticut.
The university has an average class size of roughly 22 students and a student-to-faculty ratio of 13 to 1. There are 45-degree options at Sacred Heart. The most common majors for undergraduates are business and psychology.
The university consistently does well among colleges in the northeast. The NCAA Division I Northeast Conference is where the Sacred Heart University Pioneers play their intercollegiate athletics. The Sacred Heart University acceptance rate is favourable for applicants.
There are 28 club sports available to students, and the school fields 31 Division I teams.
- 8,958 students in total (5,974 undergraduates)
- 35 per cent of the population is male, and 65 per cent is female.
- 86 % are full-time.
Costs (2018 -19)
- $41,420 for tuition & fees.
- $1,200 for books
- Accommodations: $15,310
- Additional Costs: $2,650
- Cost in total: $60,580
Financial Aid for Sacred Heart University (2017 -18)
- 100% of new students receive financial aid.
- 98% of new students receive grants of various types of aid.
- Loans: 65%
- Average Aid Grant Amount: $16,243
- Loans: $10,327
The most popular majors are accounting, business administration, biology, criminology, English, finance, nursing, political science, and psychology.
Check out this: Emmanuel College Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
What Is Sacred Heart University Acceptance Rate in 2023?
The Sacred Heart University acceptance rate should be your first consideration if you want to be admitted. This reveals how demanding the school’s criteria are and how competitive it is.
At Sacred Heart University, acceptance rates are 66%. 66 out of every 100 applications are accepted. The Sacred Heart University acceptance rate is favourable for applicants.
This demonstrates the school’s medium level of selection. The school is more lenient than other colleges, but they still expect you to satisfy their GPA and SAT/ACT criteria.
If you meet or surpass their requirements, your chances of admission are very good. But if you don’t, you can be among the unfortunate minority receiving a rejection letter.
See also: Drew University Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
Is It Difficult to Get Into Sacred Heart University?
The Sacred Heart University acceptance rate is 66%. In Connecticut, it has the tenth-lowest acceptance rate. If you meet the standards, you have a good chance of getting accepted to SHU, which has a moderately demanding admissions process. Out of 12,189 applications, 7,988 were accepted last year.
Sacred Heart University typically accepts and draws students with a “B+” average or higher and a GPA of roughly 3.55. Most first-year students graduate in the top half of their class. Of those accepted, 21% opted to enrol in the university. The Sacred Heart University acceptance rate is favourable for applicants.
See also: Harcum College Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
Does Sacred Heart University Require Test Scores (SAT, ACT & GPA)?
You don’t require SAT or ACT scores because the institution is more interested in how you perform in the classroom and the coursework. It is not necessary to run your application through standardized testing.
The Sacred Heart University has a test-optional policy as of 2016. You can choose to submit or not to submit your SAT or ACT results. The admissions committee previously came to the conclusion that the results of the standardized tests add little to the evaluation process.
However, as part of an ongoing academic evaluation, you will be expected to submit your SAT or ACT scores after enrolling.
Prior to the suspension of SAT/ACT scores, university SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) and ACT (American College Test) scores ranged from 1130 to 1330 and 24 to 29 respectively.
The TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) requirement is also present. This is to demonstrate your command of English. If English is not your native language, it is also necessary. The Sacred Heart University acceptance rate is favourable for applicants.
Your GPA must be 3.46, and you should have a mix of A and B grades with a few Cs.
Check also: Florida Southern College Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
What are the Admission Requirements for Sacred Heart University?
- A filled-out Common Application
- Common Application Essay
- Your secondary school report, together with a note from a counsellor.
- Your list of activities.
- your certified high school records
- You require at least one teacher to write a recommendation letter for you.
- You must turn in an essay.
- You don’t require SAT or ACT scores because the institution is more interested in how you perform in the classroom and the course work. It is not necessary to run your application through standardized testing.
- Unlike other colleges, there is no application fee for you.
- If you apply to “The School of Engineering, The School of Nursing, and The Physical Science Departments, you must complete additional scientific and math courses.” Pre-calculus mathematics instruction and at least three laboratory sciences should be part of this.
- You are expected to take a mix of Honors, AP/IB, and college prep classes that suit your interests and learning styles.
- Application fees are not necessary.
Read also: University of Kentucky Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
What are the Transfer Requirements for Sacred Heart University in 2023?
- Your common application must be submitted.
- You must present official high school transcripts if you don’t have an associate’s degree. Included here should be the day you graduated.
- Additionally, you must submit certified transcripts from each college and university you have attended.
- You must also submit authentic transcripts from all the schools and universities you attended if you hold an associate degree.
- Although only one recommendation letter is necessary, you must submit at least one; however, you may submit more than one. Your supervisor or present professor should write this letter.
- You must provide a formal statement attesting to your good standing with the university and your eligibility to reapply if you choose. The record has to include reports of any violations of your disciplinary rules that you may have had.
- Please take note that your institution must submit this paperwork on your behalf.
- You must send a letter from your academic adviser, registrar, or dean of students attesting to your good standing with the university.
- Portfolio and Interview Portfolio Evaluation (For Architecture students only). Audition (For Music students only) (For Music students only.)
- No application fee is necessary.
See also: UVA Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
How to Apply to Sacred Heart University?
Complete the simple and quick online application form.
Your application must be finished and contain all necessary program-specific information. The admissions section of your program page lists these prerequisites.
In addition to various requirements specific to the school, standard prerequisites include a sufficient GPA, a declaration of professional aspirations, and two letters of recommendation.
Please contact us at 877-791-7181 for additional details.
The online application cost payment is $75.
Your official transcripts from any previous institutions you attended should be ordered and submitted.
Within two to three weeks of submitting your application materials, our admissions department will notify you of their decision. The Sacred Heart University acceptance rate is favourable for applicants.
Basically, if you can achieve a decent SAT/ACT score, the rest of your application won’t matter. Your GPA shouldn’t depart too much from the 3.46 school average, and you still need to meet the other requirements for the application.
However, you won’t need standout extracurricular activities or stellar letters of recommendation in order to be accepted. You might be accepted based only on your test score.
However, you have a good chance of being one of the unlucky few rejected if your SAT or ACT score is 1180 or lower. The Sacred Heart University acceptance rate is favourable for applicants.
See also: UCLA Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admissions
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, accepted students may postpone enrollment at Sacred Heart University.
Acceptable transfer credits from authorized universities are accepted at Sacred Heart University. Acceptable at Sacred Heart University are:
CLEP specialty exams
Lifelong Learning Credit for DSST/DANTES
Exams at Excelsior College
The International Baccalaureate (IB) is accepted at Sacred Heart University.
No, Sacred Heart University is a test-optional institution, therefore you are free to select whether or not to submit your test results.
Admission to Sacred Heart University is competitive, with a 66% acceptance rate and a 50.7% early acceptance rate. With a SAT score between 1140 and 1300 or an ACT score between 24 and 30, half of the applicants accepted by Sacred Heart University have these scores.
- FAU Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of Vermont Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of Tennessee Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of Richmond Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of Denver Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission
- University of San Francisco Acceptance Rate | Requirements, SAT/ACT Scores, GPA, & Admission