The 2022 Visa Undergraduate Scholarship is currently available for qualified international students interested in studying in the United Kingdom.
The Visa Undergraduate Scholarship offers a tuition fee scholarship of up to £9200 per year, as well as an ongoing program of support throughout your academic studies.
Through a series of scholar coaching/mentoring programs, successful candidates will also have the opportunity to connect with experienced Visa employees.
The program is intended to help students from underrepresented and socially disadvantaged backgrounds reach their full potential.
This opportunity is available to qualified students who are applying to or intend to enrol as full-time undergraduates at any accredited university in the United Kingdom.
You will be awarded a scholarship of up to £9200 per year to cover your tuition fees, as well as an ongoing support program throughout your academic studies.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is strictly for aspiring undergraduates who want to study in the United Kingdom for their first degree. The scholarship is strictly for STEM and Business courses only.
This scholarship is sponsored by Visa. It is focused on sponsoring students that want to study in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility for the Visa Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students
If you want to be considered for the Visa Undergraduate Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria;
- This will be your first year of college.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (e.g., computer science, information science, cyber security, engineering, or math) or in business (e.g. HR, Finance, Marketing, Sales)
- Show how your chosen degree relates to Visa business functions.
- Applied to study for a full-time three or four-year undergraduate degree at any accredited university in the UK for the academic year 2022-23.
- Originating from a Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic background
- Eligible to work and study in the United Kingdom and have ‘Home Fee’ status
- Demonstrate financial need (annual household income of less than £50,000)
- Be in receipt of, or have previously received or been eligible for, free school meals, pupil premium, education maintenance allowance, and/or pell grants for students aged 16 to 19
Requirements to Apply for the Visa Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students
The following are required documents for the Visa Undergraduate Scholarship;
- Application Form
- Financial Form
- Motivation Essays
Start your application by clicking on the link below:
Stage 1: Submit an online application and financial form by July 18, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Stage 2 – Selected applicants will be invited to participate in an online assessment by July 25, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Stage 3 – Selected applicants will be invited to a virtual Assessment Centre with the Windsor Fellowship, which will include a presentation and an interview.
Stage 4 – Virtual interview with the Visa team.
Stage 5 – Visa selection and notification of successful Scholars.
Scholarship Award and Deadline for the Visa Undergraduate Scholarship
- Windsor Fellowship – From the moment you apply, their partners at the Windsor Fellowship will provide you with pastoral and interview support.
- Financial assistance – Tuition scholarships will cover your course fees up to £9200 per year for up to four years.
- Mentorship – benefit from ongoing coaching, mentorship, and guidance from experienced Visa employees.
- Skills development – entails enhancing key technical, professional, and leadership abilities through training and development opportunities.
- Career development – Gain exposure to career development activities to help prepare for post-graduation careers.
- Work Experience – There will be opportunities to gain work experience and engage with Visa during the summer, including the chance to apply for a paid internship where you can learn new skills, collaborate, and find a community of like-minded students.