Applications are now being accepted for the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship 2021. The Scholarship is a collaboration between the Jim Ovia Foundation and the Africa-America Institute to train young African leaders. The Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship will offer extensive scholarships to select high-achieving students from under-resourced backgrounds, providing them with a full education that will equip them with the requisite skills for a diverse and innovation-driven career through their university partners. This scholarship is made possible by the Jim Ovia Foundation’s generous philanthropy and is currently provided by Ashesi University.
Who Can Apply for Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship
- Applicant must be a citizen of an African country, residing in Africa;
- Exhibit strong academic record and penchant for high achievement;
- Demonstrate a Financial Need;
- Present an active record of youth leadership within his/her community.
Benefits of Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship
The Scholarship will provide the following benefits:
- Comprehensive Scholarships: The Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship will provide tuition, room and board for undergraduate study at Ashesi.
- Career Support and Opportunities: Scholarship recipients will receive career counselling and support while still students and also after graduation.
- AAI Global Alumni Network: Recipients of the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship will graduate into one of the most prestigious alumni networks. AAI Alumni include prominent leaders in many sectors around Africa and the Globe and includes two sitting Presidents. Scholarship recipients will be connected to this network for potential opportunities, mentorship and the ability to collectively continue towards developing the continent.
How to Apply for Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship
To be considered for the Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship, students must complete the application and scholarship process.