The Old Mutual Investment Group Imfundo Trust Scholarship welcomes South African students in their first or second year of study at chosen universities and in the academic programmes indicated below to apply for this full-cost bursary for next year.
The Imfundo Trust is a scholarship project of Old Mutual Investment Group that intends to upskill black investment professionals and expand the pool of adequately competent persons in the asset management business. Imfundo is Zulu for education. True to its name, the Trust has been assisting black students, particularly women, to pursue postsecondary education at chosen South African universities since its foundation in 2011.
- Sciences/Studies in Business, Commerce, Finance, and Management
- Data Processing and Computer Science
- The rule of law
- Mathematics and Statistical Sciences
- Agricultural Research
- Engineering Technology and Engineering
Criteria for Selection:
- Only South African nationals’ applications will be accepted.
- Applicants who will be in their first year next year must have received an average of at least 70% in the mid-year Grade 12 tests, as well as a minimum of 70% in Mathematics and 70% in English FAL or 60% in English HL.
- The scholarship is only offered to students who will be in their first or second year of college in 2021.
- Applicants in their first year must have received an average of 65 percent or higher in the most recent tests (mid-year / June).
- Applicants from rural and township areas will be given priority.
- Interviews are held with candidates who match the shortlist standards, and the Board of Trustees takes into account any other relevant aspects when making the ultimate decision on granting the scholarships.
- Should you be a recipient of additional financial aid, the Imfundo Trust has the right to reduce or revoke any scholarship amount that may be given in terms of this application (e.g. bursary, grants, loans, scholarships, awards, etc).
- South Africa is one of the countries that is eligible.
Value of the Prize:
The Imfundo Trust Scholarships offers full-time financing to pursue a first-time undergraduate degree or certificate (including a BTech) at a South African approved university.
The scholarship covers the following :
- For full-time students, registration and tuition payments are required.
- Books and other acceptable study materials are prescribed.
- Accommodation that has been approved
- Meals and a little stipend are provided.
How to apply:
To be considered for a bursary for next year, applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Leaply platform by 30 September.https://www.bursaries.xhuma.io/start