The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has implemented a new system for collecting candidate certificates and results, this methods are made available to meet the needs of students by making it easier to get access to their results quick and at ease.
Candidates can now obtain Attestation of Results and Certificates from any of WAEC Nigeria’s offices, according to the Ag Head, Public Affairs WAEC Nigeria, Demianus Ojijeogu.
Below are few new implemented procedures:
- According to Ojijeogu, the new certificate selection procedures only apply to private applicants.
- WAEC stated that both private and school candidates can obtain their attestation of results from any of its Nigerian offices.
- The new procedures are a significant change from previous practice, which required private applicants to receive their certificates or Attestation of Results from the WAEC office in the state where they took the exam.
- Candidates may now apply for and receive their Certificates or Attestation of Results (both school and private candidates) from any WAEC office in Nigeria under this new initiative.
- Candidates must make their requests for attestation of results at any Council office and pay a non-refundable fee for the service.
- To obtain certificates, candidates must submit written requests to any Council office, pay the specified fee, and specify the preferred office for the collection of the printed certificate, as well as pay for courier service to deliver the certificate to the desired venue.
- Candidates’ contact information (mobile phone number and email address) must be given upon request,” according to the statement.