The Chancellor’s Scholarship is one of the most esteemed scholarships given by the University of Pittsburgh. Frederick Honors College awards Chancellor’s Scholars, who benefit from both the individualized attention of a small, academically demanding college and the scholarly benefits of a big research university.
Everything you need to create an exceptional life and future is available when you apply to Pitt. With a student-to-faculty ratio of 14 to 1, you will be doing research and learning with academics who are experts in their field. One of the best universities in the world for research and innovation. Its park-like campus is the ideal place to study and unwind, and its urban location offers a wealth of internship and research opportunities.
Level/Field of Study
This scholarship is mainly for undergraduates or aspiring undergraduates that want to study at the University of Pittsburgh.
The University of Pittsburgh is a well-known university in the United States of America. IT is one of the most hospitable universities.
Criteria for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor’s Scholarship
- Candidates must submit their applications by December 1 in order to be considered for admission to Frederick Honors College.
- a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Applicants must be first-year students
- and must continue to enrol full-time at the Pittsburgh campus.
Renewal Requirements for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor’s Scholarship
For four years/eight semesters of full-time undergraduate study at the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh Campus, the Chancellor’s Scholarship may be applied. Recipients who wish to have the scholarship renewed annually must:
- Maintain your full-time status as a student (minimum of 12 credits per semester)
- Continue to have a cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- For more information, see the University Scholarship Renewal Guidelines.
Deadline for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor’s Scholarship
This scholarship is open as long as admission to the university is open. Scholarship closes immediately University of Pittsburgh stops accepting admission applications.
Application Process for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor’s Scholarship
Apply for the University of Pittsburgh Chancellor’s Scholarship by clicking on the bottom below, create an account or log in if you already have an account. Decisions are made continuously in rolling admissions. Applying earlier guarantees that you have the information you need to make your college choices and that the school have the information they need to make an admission decision.
The Chancellor’s Scholarship Selection Committee, which consists of the Frederick Honors College dean, director of advising, and academic advisors, will interview no more than 50 students accepted to the Frederick Honors College on campus.
The quality of the compulsory Frederick Honors College application essay questions, the applicant’s high school academic record (provided as part of the admissions application), and the scores of the SAT/ACT (if available) are used to choose candidates for interviews. The Selection Committee will also look for interview candidates who fairly represent the incoming class in terms of academic programs/majors and demographics, such as place of residence, gender, ethnic diversity, etc.
Early in February, notices of the interviews will be delivered, and the interviews themselves will happen all throughout March. No other candidates will be informed unless they are invited to the on-campus interviews. Final results for those who took part in the Chancellor’s Scholarship interview process are communicated no later than mid-April. Approximately 15 members of the new class are chosen annually to receive this prestigious award.
The four-year undergraduate scholarship known as the Chancellor’s Scholarship includes:
- Average room and board plan
- Full tuition
- Guaranteed Frederick Honors College housing
- Mandatory fees
Academic scholarships at the University of Pittsburgh are generally available for eight full-time undergraduate terms and can range in value from $2,000 per year to those covering full tuition plus room and board, provided the recipient maintains a 3.00 GPA and meets all the other requirements of the particular scholarship.
Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services, Engineering, Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Health Professions and Related Programs, and Social Sciences are the most sought-after majors at the University of Pittsburgh.
According to Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, Pitt is the best value among all public schools and universities in Pennsylvania.
- The University of Hawaii at Manoa International Undergraduate Student Scholarship (IUSS)
- Top Scholarships For Pharmacy Students
- University of Miami Stamps Scholarship for International Students
- 15 Best Trade Schools in Pennsylvania | Cost, Requirements, How to Apply
- Northern Arizona University NAU Scholarships for International Students
- 15 Best Therapeutic Boarding Schools in Pennsylvania
- University of Virginia Scholarships for International Students
- Best Massage Therapy Schools In Pennsylvania