Whether you’re an adult or a kid, night prayer is something we should do very often. It’s a time to slow down and reflect on the day that has just passed, or contemplate what tomorrow may bring.
Some prayers are specific to the night-time hours only; others can be said any time of day. Night prayer for kids doesn’t have to take long, it could simply involve taking some moments in silence with your thoughts before going to sleep, whether you’re praying for yourself or someone else.
Kindly read our Practical guide on How to Pray for a quick answer, you won’t regret it, or continue reading for Bedtime prayer for kids.
Benefits Of Bedtime Prayer for Kids
There are many benefits to praying at night. Here are a few benefits of Bedtime Prayers for kids:
1. Bedtime prayer for kids can be a good way to help establish the importance of prayer in their daily lives.
2. Another benefit is that it can help your kid(s) relax and get to sleep.
2. Kids praying at night can also help them reflect on their day and think about what they need to pray for. It can also be a time when they can connect with God.
3. When kids pray at night, they’re often in a quiet and relaxed state. This can be a great time to connect with God and talk to Him about anything on their mind(s). It can also be a time when you ask God for help with things you’re struggling with, like their school challenges.
4. God is with us every step of the way, and praying at night is a chance to connect with Him and receive His comfort.
Night prayer for kids (Bedtime Prayers)
Mark 9:36-37: Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.” We hope these Bible passages about kids reminded you how much Jesus loves children — and all of us!
Here are 6 simple night prayers for kids:
1. Dear Lord, thank you for a wonderful day. Thank you for my friends and family. Watch over them as they sleep. Please bless our home and the people who live here.”
2. Loving God, in your care we rest for the night. Make us thankful for the beauty of creation and our many blessings. Watch over us as we sleep; grant us a peaceful end to this day and safekeeping through the hours of darkness. Amen.
3. Thank you, God for this day. Thank you for sun and stars and sky above. Help us to sleep now through the night; help us to dream happy dreams that will make us love you more each day.
4. Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for blessing me with another wonderful day. Guide me as I rest within Your arms tonight. I ask you to watch over my friends and family as they sleep, And help them remember You in their dreams. Please bless our home and all who live here. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
5. Thank you for this day. Thank you for the beauty of creation and all our many blessings. Watch over us as we sleep; grant us a peaceful end to this day and safekeeping through the hours of darkness. Amen.
6. The Lord’s Prayer teaches children to be thankful for the blessings they receive in life and the differentiation of good and bad.
Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, they will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.
For more powerful prayers click here.